May 31, 2020

Our schooling and the fake pandemic


I think that the first shock-wave that hit me as a parent was that there was nothing, from all my schooling, that I could pass down to my children. It was horrifying to discover then!

At the same time, what was also quite a shock to me, was the fact that I had so little (if any) information despite all my schooling, about raising kids. To my 21 year old self, that was a real shocker. And the beginning of a journey of my own research, still continuing to this day.

Fast forward 35 years, that 21 year old is still inside me; still full of questions, still searching, still examining, still observing. At the same time - contrary to popular belief - that doesn’t imply that I have learned nothing, known nothing all this time!

Perhaps the wrongest (my word) lesson forced on us through public education is that the teacher and the student are separate, that the parent and the child are separate. Yet, what's difficult to really comprehend is the extent of this lesson learned, the ways we implement it in our lives and relationships and the harm it has done in all areas. All this needs to be explored individually.

Schooling is education with no free will. Thus it is imposed on the individual for other purposes.

The hardest thing for any parent to do, and I think this extends to all our relationships too, is to permit the child (or any other person) the time and way to reach their own learning, their own understanding, while helping them to do THAT, not whatever it is WE need them to do.

Contrary to this very simple, natural idea, which we all know, especially if we are parents from our children’s very first year of life, we quickly become judges, prosecutors, punishers and revengers, causing the first traumatic separations in a child's heart and mind, as we do in all our relationships. Because we're already doing that to our self! Our schooling has been a success.

Only deeply traumatized people can turn against each other so easily and so fiercely.  

Law and Justice! Like freedom, these two words are some of the most overused, and abused, words in history!

As I was writing the above this morning, the following came to my attention from my facebook pages and facebook's memory lane. 

Truth is complete in itself. Truth has a strong foundation in itself. It is bold, it has no fears. It has no limit of space or time. It is a fearless, free bird in the sky. It does not care for status. It is wealth in itself. Truth stands even when there is no public support. - Sivananda

If we're needing others to believe our truth and forcing them to, it's probably not truth but a limiting belief system. Usually believers try to enforce their "truth" on others, which is the only way it can remain real to them, as "truth". And more frequently, they'll name their attempt justice.

If you give up reason and reality, you’ve just given up your sovereignty.
If you’ve given up your sovereignty it means that you’ve breached your own conscience.
If you’ve breached your own conscience, you have violated your own soul covenant.
THIS is what is happening! -
Sasha Stone

Vaccine or not, lockdown or not, we won't really change anything substantial unless we change the schooling system called education. And it CAN be changed, it must be changed, within us first! 

We only can give to others whatever we accomplish for our own self. 

I will continue to answer to my conscience and my children. No matter what! 

No comments:

Post a Comment